Planning a fishing trip with the whole family on your Marlago Center Console Boat? We put together some useful tips to make sure your trip creates more happy memories than frustrating ones.
- Location is Key. If you are going on a fishing trip with young children, you want to make sure that there are some bathrooms nearby. Make sure to go to a boat ramp with facilities and necessities your family might need to feel comfortable. If you are in a Marlago Boat with a private bathroom you do not have to worry about this. Instead, you can focus on finding a location that might be near an island or somewhere fun for them to explore and have a picnic for lunch.
- Organization Keeps the Stress Away. If you use specific bags or toolboxes to keep your fishing equipment organized, it will prevent any accidental injuries or mishaps. It also helps to keep the snacks organized and easily accessible for the children, so they stay satisfied while out on the water for an extended period. At Marlago boats we kept organization and storage in mind when designing the 37SS. Take a look at all of the storage options here.
- Selecting the Right Bait for the Job. We have found it to be easier to help manage your kids’ bait if it is an artificial lure with a hidden hook design that allows the kids to clip the bait on and off themselves (depending on their age).
- Plan for Breaks. Kids have short attention spans and will get bored easily. Plan to have breaks where they can play games like I-spy, play on an island, visit a restaurant on the water for lunch, and/or take a nap in the Marlago Boat cuddy cabin. Remember that on a family fishing trip, it is not all about fishing it is about making memories and having fun.
- Keep an Eye on the Weather. Make sure that you are monitoring the weather. The last thing you want is to be stuck on the water during a storm or afternoon shower.
Family fishing trips can be stressful but if you plan ahead and remember to take breaks and enjoy the day together then it will be the perfect opportunity to make memories that will last a lifetime. If you are looking for a family-friendly fishing boat, check out our 37SS that has a variety of features that make it the perfect cruising and fishing boat for the whole family.
Leave A Comment